What is Wellness Therapy?
Wellness physical therapy empowers the body-owner to achieve and embrace mechanical well-being. The joy of simple physical movement in every day life and exercise is often elusive. Carleen’s interventions go beyond “treatment” and instead teach the individual whole body health and movement tailored to personal goals. When “knots” or old movement patterns have created painful trigger points or myofascial binding, she incorporates gentle but powerful treatments such as myofascial release, cranio-sacral balancing, trigger point release, and muscle energy treatments among others.
Her areas of special training and practice include:
- Osteoporosis prevention and treatment
- Spinal dysfunctions (sprain, spasm, kyphosis, scoliosis, disc, etc)
- Shoulder mechanical disorders
- Strength training
- Athletic injury
- Women’s health
- Balance enhancement and vestibular dysfunction
- Gait disorders
- Temporo-mandibular dysfunctions
- Foot disorders and orthotic design